View Full Version : Backup battery dead in a HP1945. Time for a new PDA?

Jael
06-16-2006, 07:38 PM
My backup battery appears to have taken it's last breath. When I swap batteries I get a hard reset despite the backup battery reading as 100%.

Is replacing the backup battery possible?

Would much prefer this alternative as the 1945 still more than meets my needs in a pda!

Thanks!

LWesson
06-17-2006, 12:39 AM
My backup battery appears to have taken it's last breath. When I swap batteries I get a hard reset despite the backup battery reading as 100%.

Is replacing the backup battery possible?

Would much prefer this alternative as the 1945 still more than meets my needs in a pda!

Thanks!

we can replace it here for you at PocketPCTechs.com

Please order the diagnostics and ship your system in.

Guest979
06-17-2006, 06:18 AM
I'm still happy with my 1940, though I only use one battery... but I must admit that at this point I consider myself to be in "save up for a new device" mode rather than "invest money in this one."

Jael
06-17-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm still happy with my 1940, though I only use one battery... but I must admit that at this point I consider myself to be in "save up for a new device" mode rather than "invest money in this one."

I truly appreciate the position. When I took a look at what's available however I didn't see lot of tempting options out there. Part of my contentment with the 1945 has been it's competent performance matched with a nice looking and small package. Wish they would come out with a slim based (RAZR type tech), pda only, option.

Any particular models you had your eye on?

Guest979
06-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Well... not yet, really... but I'm thinking of staying with HP, due mainly to my Dellophobia. I'd really like Bluetooth, WiFi, Windows Mobile 5, and a 640 x 480 screen without spending huge amounts of money. A compact, sleek form factor is nice, but it doesn't have to be the smallest PPC ever.

If the 1955 had Bluetooth, it would probably be pretty tempting to me, even though I don't think it is 640 x 480 either.

Supposedly there is a WM5 update in the works that will address the speed issues somewhat. Since I need a while to earn more money anyway (I also have a student loan, and I'm jonesin' for a MacBook :) ), I have a while to see if anything new comes along.