View Full Version : Battery getting completely discharged sometimes

rodrigo_braz
06-15-2006, 02:57 PM
A couple of times in the past several weeks, I found out my Pocket PC had its battery completely depleted during the night. I restart it, place it on its cradle and things get back to normal for a long time: the battery recharges and holds normally. Then, one day again, there goes all the charge.

Has anyone experienced something like that? I wonder if some program can be left running in a way that discharges the battery? Maybe my battery is just damaged, but then I would expect a more regular depletion.

I have an Axim x51v, BTW.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

maggieboby
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Just a thought: Do you have an event, appointment, something that you have an alarm set for? In your case, my a recurring monthly event or something like that.

Sometimes on mine, if I have a "remind me" set, my PDA will go on inside my wallet case and I don't even know it's on (since I usually have my sound turned off --LOL). And even though I have my PDA set to shut off in x amount of minutes, it sometimes doesn't and the next thing you know, my battery life is shot.

Like a said... just a thought!

Good luck! :roll:

rodrigo_braz
06-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Yes, I think that might be it. I have tons of reminders (isn't it what a PDA is for, after all? :) ) and I don't always wake up to them. If this is really it, it seems like a gross bug to me... Oh well, I will watch those reminders.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

Patrick Y.
06-20-2006, 05:03 AM
Did you check out this?
http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=112638