View Full Version : Synchronise Contacts on Dell Axim 50v with mobile phone via Bluetooth

Bagheera
06-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Hello, sorry, I'm very new to all this connectivity stuff. I've just got a new mobile phone with Bluetooth and would like to sync it with my Dell Axim contacts. I've got the two gizmos paired, but don't know what to do next to transfer info from the Axim to the mobile. Has anyone got the time to explain it to me, please?

Don Tolson
06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I think it really depends upon which mobile phone you have. I don't believe there's any specific software to have your PPC synchronize contacts with the phone over bluetooth. My experience is that the bluetooth cx is limited to sending files, having the PPC dial out numbers in its contact list, and sometimes audio headsets.

However, there should be software (probably to be loaded to your PC) for the phone, which allows synchronization with the PC-based contacts in Outlook.

Bagheera
06-08-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks. It's a Sony Ericsson Z520. Yes, I gather I can sync with the PC (provided I go and buy yet another cable... my desktop is just littered with cables for one thing or another), but I was really hoping to streamline my life and use bluetooth with the PPC - is there actually such a thing as a 'wireless' life? I'm beginning to think not!