View Full Version : Eten M600+

palur
06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
It is now available in USA for $575. I am getting one.
http://www.networkingrus.com/Products-E_ten.html

Silver5
06-14-2006, 03:40 AM
THat's a very nice device. I read about it here first and I am interested...I just don't think I can give up a keyboard...good luck and enjoy!

palur
06-20-2006, 04:48 PM
I am using this M600+ for more than 10 days. I am very happy.
You can make any mp3 on your SD card as your ring tone. Has very nice photo editing software in it. It has some of the spb pocket plus type features (add programs to today's screen).
built in voice command etc.

Darius Wey
06-21-2006, 10:09 AM
I'll have one in my hands in a few days time.

While I can't comment on the M600+ specifically, the M600 has always been a solid performer. A few "gotcha's", but most were ironed out with the latest AKU 2.2 ROM release (ROM 0225), and now it feels snappier than ever.

However, no ROM update could ever fix the lack of dedicated soft key buttons and a slide-out keyboard. If they're important to you, you may want to give the device another thought.

algorithm0
06-28-2006, 04:39 PM
Hi!

I am looking at upgrading to the M600+ from my old ipaq 3975. I was wondering how you use the M600+ as far as wireless plans go. I see that several wireless companies offer GSM/GPRS plans, most of them have separate plans for data which to me seem unreasonably expensive... ie $40 per month w/ max of 5 mb of bandwidth. You've got to be kidding me!

So anyway, which phone and data plans do you use or not use? I'm thinking about just getting a simple phone plan for my device, and then do all my data over (free) wi-fi. Is it worth the extra cost to be able to download your email via GSM?

Thanks!

Darius Wey
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

I am looking at upgrading to the M600+ from my old ipaq 3975. I was wondering how you use the M600+ as far as wireless plans go. I see that several wireless companies offer GSM/GPRS plans, most of them have separate plans for data which to me seem unreasonably expensive... ie $40 per month w/ max of 5 mb of bandwidth. You've got to be kidding me!

So anyway, which phone and data plans do you use or not use? I'm thinking about just getting a simple phone plan for my device, and then do all my data over (free) wi-fi. Is it worth the extra cost to be able to download your email via GSM?

For starters, which country are you in? Each country has different voice/data plans - some light on the pocket, and some just equating to daylight robbery.

algorithm0
06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

For starters, which country are you in? Each country has different voice/data plans - some light on the pocket, and some just equating to daylight robbery.

Ooops, sorry. I am in the United States. As far as I know, Verizon and Sprint do not offer GSM service, so I'm looking at Cingular an d a few others.

Darius Wey
06-30-2006, 04:20 AM
Ooops, sorry. I am in the United States. As far as I know, Verizon and Sprint do not offer GSM service, so I'm looking at Cingular an d a few others.

I just asked Janak to answer this one. I'm Australian and he's American, so he knows more about the US data plans than I do. :)

Janak Parekh
06-30-2006, 05:22 AM
I see that several wireless companies offer GSM/GPRS plans, most of them have separate plans for data which to me seem unreasonably expensive... ie $40 per month w/ max of 5 mb of bandwidth. You've got to be kidding me!
Which carrier is this? Cingular charges $45 for unlimited data (make sure you look at the PDA plans) -- and it's $5 less with a voice plan. T-Mobile charges $49.99 for standalone data, and $29.99 with a voice plan -- and theirs includes unlimited T-Mobile WiFi hotspot use, to boot.

--janak

phreaker18
08-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Do u think i should go for the HP 6828 or the Eten M600+.... i just want to know which is faster n more stable

Darius Wey
08-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Do u think i should go for the HP 6828 or the Eten M600+.... i just want to know which is faster n more stable

With regard to stability, your mileage may vary. I consider the M600/M600+'s latest 0225 ROM quite stable (few bugs still remain, but it's not a huge deal). The rw6828 is in the same league.

As far as speed is concerned, the M600/M600+ wins hands down. Benchmark figures show it blowing away the competition, and in the hand, real life usage tests confirm it.

phreaker18
08-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Darius could u please tell me one thing..... does the M600+ have IrdA??

Darius Wey
08-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Darius could u please tell me one thing..... does the M600+ have IrdA??

To my understanding, no.