View Full Version : Yahoo messenger for windows mobile 5

q-live
06-07-2006, 03:12 AM
I thought there wasnt a yahoo messenger for wm5 but comes to find out there is because its on tmobile mda.... can anyone tell me where i can dl this for my wm5 phone?????

hydrashok
06-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Yahoo still doesn't have an openly available version of their messenger yet. You can still find an old version for 2003 se floating around here and there, but it doesn't work (from yahoo's side. It installs, but it won't work).
There are alternatives available for purchase, however. IM PLUS and Agile Messenger are 2 options I know of. I have IM PLUS on my xda2i, and use it quite heavily. It's a good piece of software that works as advertised. It is a little costly for the feature-bundle it comes with, though. You can find it on handango or pocketgear. I've heard good things about agile messenger. I think they have a new version out on public beta now. (Guess i read it right here on ppcthoughts).

Hope this helped.

maikii
06-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Yahoo Messenger for Desktop now has a beta version available with voice. It can be used with their VOIP service, which has about the best international rates I have seen. (Much better than Skype, for example.) (Of course, Skype now has the best rate for calls to phones in the USA-FREE!)

There is no Yahoo Messenger with Voice (AFAIK) currently available for PPC.

Would there be any way to access the Yahoo VOIP service (to place calls to phones outside the USA) from other PPC software?