View Full Version : Using a Palm Wireless keyboard with my iPaq rx3115

Joelacrane
06-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Howdy! First post here on PPC Thoughts. I recentely made the switch from Palm to Pocket PC, and i love my iPaq, its been great. Dad is still using a Palm though, and i decided to try his Wireless Keyboard (IrDA) with my ppc. I found a driver on Palmones website, it said it was for a Treo 700w.

Seemed to work fine, windows underlined letters in menus for me and the keyboard responds to key presses, except each key gives me the wrong number or letter. For example, Ctrl types Z, Z types 4... ect... Also, the backlight doesnt stay on while i type (not like im typing anything!), but it does brighten for a few seconds when a key is pressed.

Remember, i have Windows Mobile 2003se. Idk. Im probably out of luck, but it would be cool to be able to use the keyboard...

Cybrid
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Howdy! First post here on PPC Thoughts. I recentely made the switch from Palm to Pocket PC, and i love my iPaq, its been great. Dad is still using a Palm though, and i decided to try his Wireless Keyboard (IrDA) with my ppc. I found a driver on Palmones website, it said it was for a Treo 700w.

Seemed to work fine, windows underlined letters in menus for me and the keyboard responds to key presses, except each key gives me the wrong number or letter. For example, Ctrl types Z, Z types 4... ect... Also, the backlight doesnt stay on while i type (not like im typing anything!), but it does brighten for a few seconds when a key is pressed.

Remember, i have Windows Mobile 2003se. Idk. Im probably out of luck, but it would be cool to be able to use the keyboard...

The keyboard is probably a re-branded version of someone else's design. Find the original designer and obtain the appropriate driver (if available).

Joelacrane
06-07-2006, 05:30 AM
Done. I found a thinkoutside label in the battery compartment and went to their website and found the driver. Thanks!