View Full Version : Cingular 8125 Headset ?

WeldingRod
06-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Hello,

I would like to know what is a headset of acceptable quality, and that is compatible with the cingular 8125?

By compatible I mean works with the 8125 Bluetooth..

But also, the benefit of the headset should be hands-free operation of the phone.

Which means I should be able to make and recieve phone calls using just the buttons and voice from the headset, and not have to touch the phone.

So including voice dialing, which headset will alow me to perform these functions with the 8125?

I'm a professional that travels, so this will mainly be used in airports, and driving in rental cars.

If it can't be used with hands free of the phone, then its not worthwhile to me.

Battery life is a concern but one day without charge is all I really need.

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight into the best unit.

-Don

schmenge
06-08-2006, 02:02 AM
I have an 8125 and use a Plantronics 640. Very happy with it, and it includes several charging options including a AAA battery. However you can NOT do voice dialing. From what I can find this is not a BT issue, but more of a PPC issue, but I may be wrong.

WeldingRod
06-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Well I got the same brand, different model, I got the 510. I've heard the 510 is large, but very reliable function, and sound quality.

I'll try it out later, I've heard there are some software settings (Regedits) that can be used to get the Voice function to work.

It will be a research project, heh.

ZiL
06-08-2006, 05:42 AM
I have the Motorola HS850 BT HeadSet and works flawless with the voice dialing function... Baterry on it is aceptable. I talk at least 2 hours total a day (work days) and this headset is rated to last up to 5 hours talktime. I have only once depleted the charge in a 3 hours conversation after a long day of work..

rookcnu
09-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I have the Cingular 8125.

I am about to drop some money on the Jabra BT620 headphones, but how do I know if I have the A2DP Bluetooth stack? Where can I find this information on the phone?

I did a ROM upgrade last year and it says the following:

IPL 2.25
SPL 2.25
GSM 02.25.11
OS 2.25.11.1

Do I have the Bluetooth stack I need to use these headphones?