View Full Version : PPC phone store

Hagow
06-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi all is there a PPC phone store in Buffalo?

Sven Johannsen
06-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't think there is a PPC Phone store anywhere. Typically in the US you have to go to the carrier store Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon and hope one of the salesfolk don't give you a deer in the headlights look when you say Windows Mobile or Pocket PC.

The other option is on line, both with people who resell service from the providers, like Amazon, or places that just sell the devices, like MobilePlanet. The latter option you would then have to go and get service seperately.

Darius Wey
06-04-2006, 03:42 AM
I don't think there is a PPC Phone store anywhere.

Actually, I do have a couple of Pocket PC-dedicated stores in my city. They're run by a bunch of friendly Asians, who I assume import the devices from overseas. Stores like this seem pretty common in the Asia-Pacific. Can't speak for Buffalo, though. 8)

Nurhisham Hussein
06-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Actually, I do have a couple of Pocket PC-dedicated stores in my city.

We have a few here in Malaysia as well.

Sven Johannsen
06-05-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't think there is a PPC Phone store anywhere.

Actually, I do have a couple of Pocket PC-dedicated stores in my city.

Sorry, my US-centricity is showing, but with the OP in Buffalo, I think I have a good shot at being right. We just don't have a lot of stores that sell any kind of phone other than the carrier stores, or those affiliated with multiple carriers.

I wait with bated breath for someone in the US to say they can go downtown and fondle an i-Mate or E-ten.

Darius Wey
06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Sorry, my US-centricity is showing, but with the OP in Buffalo, I think I have a good shot at being right. We just don't have a lot of stores that sell any kind of phone other than the carrier stores, or those affiliated with multiple carriers.

Yeah, a lot of it definitely has to do with the way carriers are set up in the different countries. In the Asia Pacific, we're not tied down by the carriers. I'd say 9 times out of 10, people go straight for unlocked phones, and carriers are more than happy to provide a service separately.

Hagow
06-05-2006, 11:59 PM
There is one where I live in Toronto, Onatario.

I am currently using a cheap samsung phone cuz I sent my M600 for repair. Up button doesn't work well, screen gradations near the top of the screen and screen alignment problems. I am dieing here and it's not even 3 weeks yet since I sent it in. Just how much longer do I need to wait to get my M600 back?!!

I am so close to just buying another one but that would be the wrong thing to do. This is killing me...just thought I'll share this to blow off some steam!

Sven Johannsen
06-06-2006, 03:44 AM
I am so close to just buying another one but that would be the wrong thing to do.And you were going to drive to Buffalo so nobody you know would see you? :wink: