View Full Version : Is there a program that uses the start button to bring up "Today"?

elempoimen
06-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Programs like PHM Launcher, Pocket Launcher, SmallMenu and ProgramMenu all have ways of commandeering the Start Button to allow it to bring up the program rather than the Start Menu. I would like to have the Start Button bring up the Today screen, and just not use the Start Menu at all. Is there anything out there that will do this?

isajoo
06-03-2006, 07:55 AM
wisbar advanced lets u pick whatever i want it to be...even click and hold to bring up start menu and click only to bring up today screen.

elempoimen
06-03-2006, 04:17 PM
last time I used wisbar advance, it completely pooched my unit, requiring a hard reset.

Are there any other options?

isajoo
06-03-2006, 04:35 PM
there are A LOT OF PROGRAMS that will cause a hard reset... as for wisbar, i would suggest installing all apps that run all the time in the back ground and today screen to be installed on a fresh unit and on the main memory NOT a external card. remember to backup EVERYTHING.
the first time installed wisbar, had the same problem...i use to install a lot of garbage and in the wrong places, like sd card or cf cards. live and learn.

elempoimen
06-03-2006, 04:45 PM
i have all "system" type programs installed in the main memory. I had wisbar installed there too.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd like something that doesn't necessarily dress up the titlebar much--but provides the functionality I'm seeking.

elempoimen
06-04-2006, 05:24 AM
C'mon...there's gotta be something else out there...

juni
06-04-2006, 02:14 PM
This doesn't answer your question but I've set the "iTask" button to take me to the today screen. You could of course map any hardware button to do this in the "buttons" settings. :)

elempoimen
06-04-2006, 02:39 PM
i do this, but would like some simplicity for my wife, as i don't maintain the start menu