View Full Version : Bluetooth ActiveSync and WM5

VanHlebar
06-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Ok,

I just upgraded my Samsung i730 to WM5.. I love it and everything went just fine. Now, is there a trick to setting up and ActiveSync Connection with my desktop and laptop using BT?

I know that MS removed the Wifi ability to sync, but did they also remove the BT one as well?

I had this working under WM2003SE but I can't do it for WM5.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Eric

thierryb
06-02-2006, 08:29 PM
Firstly you have to create a bt activesync connexion beetween your ppc and your pc. Then tvy to find the com port of the connection. go in activesync and configure the comport with the value you find. then try again your bt activesync connexion. And it should work.

VanHlebar
06-08-2006, 04:30 PM
I am still unable to get my i730 to sync with my desktop over bluetooth. I have deleted the partnership on my desktop and tried to make a connection starting on the device side.

I can get the device paired with my desktop no problem. It then pops up a ballon notification on the desktop saying that my device is connecting to Activesync using Com7 and then ActiveSync starts up and it says that it is connecting. Then after about a minute ActiveSync stops and on my device I get a listing of available services that my device seems to think my desktop offer (Hands Free, Serial Port, OBEX Push, OBEX Ftp) but no ActiveSync.

I do have ActiveSync listed in my desktop local services options and it is configured to use COM7. Under Connection settings in ActiveSync I have it setup to use COM7. So why won't this work? I am using AS 4.2.0 (4855).

Why is it that it seems that we have taken a huge step backwards in WM5 when it comes to syncing with computers without wires? They took away the ability to sync using Wifi entirely, but I know that BlueTooth is still supposed to be supported.

Has anyone gotten their device to sync with a computer using WM5 and Bluetooth at all?

Thanks,
-Eric