View Full Version : Problems with Reminders/Alarm of Dell Axim x51v

tintinvn
06-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi all,

I got a new Dell Axim x51v two weeks ago. It's been working quite well until yesterday afternoon. The problem is that reminder function in Task (both message and sound) does not work any more. I checked Notification/Sound and reminder setting but there is no improvement. Besides, since this problem's happended, the green light (power button) also flash rapidly (indicate notification relay status - as said in Dell manual).

Anyone can help me out of this? Thank you very much for your support.

Regards,
Tintinvn

Nurhisham Hussein
06-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Have you tried a soft reset?

tintinvn
06-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi, thank you for your response. Yes, I did reset many times but it was invain! Reminder still does not work though I set reminder appropriately. Moreover, as I mentioned earlier, after reseting, the green light flash rapidly indicating a notification relay. I also do not understand this.

Do you have any clues for this?
Thank you.

Tintinvn

Nurhisham Hussein
06-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Sounds like some kind of rogue entry in the notifications database. you wouldn't have memmaid would you? It can check the database for duplicate entries, and you can eye suspicious entries yourself.

tintinvn
06-05-2006, 03:25 AM
Hi there,
yes I think there is something happening with the notification database. As I learnt from your message, I need to repair the database sys., right? To make it simpler, is it ok if we can solve this problem by erasing (remove) notification database, or reinstall MS Office 5.0 ?

Sorry for these kind of stupid question 'coz I am not very good at PDA.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Tintinvn

Nurhisham Hussein
06-05-2006, 04:19 AM
To make it simpler, is it ok if we can solve this problem by erasing (remove) notification database, or reinstall MS Office 5.0 ?

Not a good idea - better to check through the database and delete the offending item, if you can locate it. There's a few system level stuff in the notifications database that you don't want to lose. The outlook apps (including Mobile Office) are part of the OS ROM image - you can't 'reinstall' them. You can reset the whole PDA back to factory state, but you lose ALL your info and programs at the same time - also not a good idea.

W.I.P.
06-21-2006, 03:53 AM
Sounds like some kind of rogue entry in the notifications database. you wouldn't have memmaid would you? It can check the database for duplicate entries, and you can eye suspicious entries yourself.

Memmaid Is the way to go here... eliminate all duplicate entries (but be sure not to eliminate the the original entry)... and eliminate "blank" entries as well... then soft reset... this should solve the problem...

tintinvn
06-21-2006, 04:01 AM
hi,
Thanks for your suuggestion and the Memaid really helped!
Regards,
Tintinvn