View Full Version : access yahoo mail w/ ce 4.2?

cyj
05-27-2006, 05:46 AM
I use ppc 2003 and I wonder if someone can tell me how to access yahoo mail and be able to send and reply? As you probably know, you can't use the normal login site which requires something like IE 5 and higher.

There was a login site I found at one time that allowed me to send as well as read email, but I must not have bookmarked it. I know this sounds lame, but I can't find it. Can someone post it? Thanks.

Guest979
05-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Menny has a definitive thread about accessing Yahoo mail from PPCs, although I don't have the link handy.

Basically, you can get POP access by paying or by signing up for the UK or Canadian versions of Yahoo (I'm not saying that's necessarily legal, though). Or there's probably other software you can use to either access Yahoo from your PPC, or simulate a POP server from your desktop.

There is some information about Yahoo Mobile here (http://mobile.yahoo.com/resource_center/tutorials/tutcontent?name=mail), but it appears to be directed mainly at cell phones. It's possible that you really just need a program to make PIE's user agent string "lie."

Cybrid
05-28-2006, 10:51 PM
I use ppc 2003 and I wonder if someone can tell me how to access yahoo mail and be able to send and reply? As you probably know, you can't use the normal login site which requires something like IE 5 and higher.

There was a login site I found at one time that allowed me to send as well as read email, but I must not have bookmarked it. I know this sounds lame, but I can't find it. Can someone post it? Thanks.
wap.oa.yahoo.com
This is the cell phone yahoo mobile site. It is seriously limted in function but does work on PPC's. This will enable text based email reading and sending but little else. Good if you simply need a quick read on some important matters...

Otherwise Opera's Beta to read it through the main site. It works but just barely.

The best solution if important enopugh to pay for is to upgrade to yahoo plus which allows POP access and then use Flexmail

cyj
05-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Sorry 979, I should have said webmail (although it would be nice to have free popmail).

Cybrid; that is the site I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Also, I notice when I logged in, they have a new wap beta site.