View Full Version : I broke my PocketPC screen! ARGH!

colonel
05-26-2006, 05:29 PM
Dagnabit!

I figured this would be a good place to find a shoulder to cry on. I had my Siemens SX66 in my pants pocket and ran into the corner of a table. I cracked the screen and over the last week the cracks have expanded out to the edges of the screen. Now the touch screen doesn't work. I can't access any programs other than the ones that I have hotkeyed to the buttons on the front of the phone. ARGH!!

I have had a PocketPC for a fairly long time. I started with a Siemens SX56. Before that I was a Palm guy, so I have had years of keeping my life in a handheld device. You come to realize how much you use one of these when it's gone. I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

I called the manufacturer and they say that I can mail it to them and they will fix it for $160 - plus it will take them 10 days to turn it around. Ouch. I just bought this one in September so the pain of the initial cost is still fresh in my wife's brain. I'm seriously considering switching back to my SX56 for the pocket PC functions that I love and taking the $160 and buying a Razr for my phone needs. I'm gonna miss having the WiFi capabilities though.

I'm in a state of woe.

Edgar_
05-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Colonel

:( very sad

Have you tried www.pocketpctechs.com? They repair all sorts of devices and can turn most around in a day or two. They are located in LA. I've used them many times with great results. They are also endorsed by this board

-Edgar

colonel
05-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Wow! Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a try. I considered trying to replace the glass with the screen from my old SX56 but I figured I would really screw it up.

I'll check these guys out. Thanks.