View Full Version : how to make Today wallpapers

pheral
05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Man, sorry for all my questions lately, and heck i've got more yet... :P I searched on the forums for quite a while for info on this, and failed rather.

Debated whether to put this in the software section, but decided here was better. I want to be able to make Today wallpapers for the PocketPC, and i also want to be able to provide matching skins for the top and bottom bars in the Today screen. I don't want to do anything more complex than that, so i don't think that's called a 'theme', is it?
I'd love to produce these wallpapers for as many kinds of pocket pc and screen as i can, with both orientation of screen catered for.

Do you guys have a recommendation for the best program to use to do all this? And are there perhaps any good resources online to teach me how to reliably create wallpapers that will work with lots of different pocket pc's?

cheers :D

smittyofdhs
05-24-2006, 09:57 PM
there are many apps out there to make today themes. The one with the most features is by kamware, google that term and you will find the website. There are tutorials on kam's site to make a today theme.

as for the matching skins, those are basically just bitmaps images. Although, the user would have to have software installed to skin those bars such as Advanced Wisbar. By default, WM does not allow skinning of the bars.

pheral
05-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Excellent, kamware look just right for what i need. Thanks for the pointer. :)

Pity about the bars, i suppose i'll include images for them and just let users decide whether they want to try and install them or not. I personally love my bars appearing translucent above the wallpaper.