View Full Version : Ipaq 5555 and Bluetooth AVRCP

05-24-2006, 08:18 PM
I've got a pair of Logitech BT-Headphones and I've managed to get them working great after installing the upgrade from HP (SP30003). Initially the play/pause and prev/next buttons on the headphones would only work with Windows Media Player. I tried a number of other players but even those like TCPMP that have a setting to enable Widcomm BT Audio button support don't seem to respond to the headphone buttons. THe only one I managed to get to work was 40th floor's Iplay but I didn't particularly like it.

... here's where it gets weird :wink: over the last couple days I've tried installing various pieces of trial software and now all of a sudden the headphones will no longer control Windows Media Player! I have a huinch that it's related to MS Voice Command which I was trying out but even after uninstalling it doesn't revet back to the previous behavior. Through a stroke of luck I happened to try the prev/next track buttons while listening to some music in TCPMP and now it works. I backed up this configuration since initially this is more or less what I wanted.

I also had a backup (with Spb Backup ... great app!) prior to the trial software installations that I restored and was able to get WMP working again, but of course it prevents it from working in TCPMP.

I'm assuming it's some kind of registry tweak or an updated dll but I can't seem to track it down. Does anyone have any detailed knowledge of how the AVRCP profile gets used by WMP and/or TCPMP and how you can turn it on in both (if that's possible)?

Thanks,
Dan