View Full Version : viewing html emails...settings on flexmail???

srayls
05-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Well, i finally downloaded flexmail 06 so that i could view html emails but i still cant see them...i just get a bunch of crap at the top of my emails...do i need to change settings? is there a better email program? HELP!!

applejosh
05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Are these emails downloaded via ActiveSync? If so, then there's nothing you can do. ActiveSync kills HTML formatting with the sync process. Nothing Flexmail or any other email program can do. It's entirely ActiveSync's fault/problem.

If the emails are downloaded directly from a POP3 or IMAP server, then I'm not sure. My emails usually show up fine.

srayls
05-24-2006, 02:40 PM
im not using activesync. I use verizons wireless sync..does that matter?

applejosh
05-24-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure how Verizon's wireless sync works. Is it something that plugs into the mobile capabilities of an Exchange Server? If that's the case, then it might be the same issue (not really sure as I don't have a device where push technology is possible or even makes much sense). I know that if I use Flexmail to retrieve POP3 or IMAP, then _most_ HTML formatted messages appear OK (no special settings). Anything coming through ActiveSync (via the cradle or over an encrypted Internet session directly connecting to the Exchange server) gets HTML stuff stripped.

Have you posted over in the WebIS forums? Someone over there may know something about the Verizon service.

srayls
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
No, I haven't posted over there but Thanks for suggesting it...im headed over there now. Thanks for the help.