View Full Version : Sam Sung Blue...

Guest979
05-23-2006, 06:43 PM
After resisting TV remote control software for years based on their pricing, sometime yesterday I finally realized that I would really like a program like that.

Since I like Griffin's Mac and iPod accessories, I was surprised and excited to see that they sell a PocketPC program, which happens to be a remote control program called "Total Remote." It is supposed to work with or without Griffin's add-on hardware, so I installed it on my iPaq. However, most of the time when I tried tapping on any of the buttons, my iPaq would actually shut itself off. I tried everything I could think of, and after giving up and trying some competitors, I discovered something unfortunate.

Remote control software does not generally like Samsung's ARM processors, such as the one used in the iPaq 1940. I even found some apps that explicitly state that they are compatible with the 1940 - but they aren't!

Now, some good news: NoviiRemote released an update that they say specifically addresses issues with the 1940, so I decided to try their software just before giving up for good. It works! So if you have a 1940/1945 and want remote software, NoviiRemote is the only program I have found that works with this model. The IR range on the 1940 is not great, but it is usable for some purposes.