View Full Version : Reading new posts

i_spock
05-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Hi, sorry if this has been talked about before but I couldn't find anything when I searched for this topic. I guess I feel a little silly :oops: for having to ask this, but....

Almost every time I visit PPCT I do a "forums | new posts" to, well, read all the new posts. However this can be really frustrating if something happens that causes me to have to reload my browser- when I go back to PPCT it thinks I've read all the new posts already when I really haven't.

I know that on the PPC version of the site there is a "view last 10 posts" link and that is nice, but is there any way that I can still view posts that are really new to me even if PPCT thinks I've read them? Is there some way to say, read the last x number of posts?

Also I've been wondering about this for a long time and I guess I might as well ask now- when I am reading new posts, and have finished reading a new post that has say 5 or 6 pages of responses, can I get back to the main list of new posts without having to hit the back button 5 or 6 times?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Nurhisham Hussein
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
However this can be really frustrating if something happens that causes me to have to reload my browser- when I go back to PPCT it thinks I've read all the new posts already when I really haven't.

I've seen the same thing. It also happens if I go directly to a thread from an external link - like the e-mail notification I get to threads I've posted on.

...can I get back to the main list of new posts without having to hit the back button 5 or 6 times?

On the PC, I either open a new window (IE) for every thread I want to read (so the new posts list is always available), or a new tab (Firefox). On the PPC, I guess the only alternative is to get a browser that supports multiple windows, or an enhancement like SPB Pocket Plus that does the same thing with PIE.