View Full Version : No sound on MDA, HELP!

tufif
05-23-2006, 03:28 PM
My T-Mobile MDA has been working fine until yesterday. It was fine in the morning, and during the day at work I had it hooked up to some speakers to listen to internet radio. When I unplugged the speakers to go home the internal speakers did not turn back on. It still works fine with external speakers or a hands free device plugged in, but the internal speakers and mic don't work at all other than to ring. It's like it thinks there is still a hands free device plugged in even when there isn't. I tried reseting it, and hard reseting it with the button, and even taking out the battery for a while but it still won't work right. Any clues on how to make it work or should I just send it back to get it fixed?

Janak Parekh
05-23-2006, 03:43 PM
There is a toggle in the headphone jack to turn off the speaker when it's plugged in, and it sounds like it's stuck. The first thing to try is to jiggle the headphones in and out a few times to see if you can unstick the toggle.

If not, the next thing to do is to look in the hole and see if something got stuck in there.

--janak

tufif
05-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks! I used one of those plastic cable ties to mess around in there and it started working!

Janak Parekh
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Good to hear. :) Hopefully it was a one-time thing; otherwise, there could be a hardware quirk with your unit.

--janak