View Full Version : E-MAIL SET-UP ON POCKET PC

movie_star
05-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I HAVE A WIRELESS HP5555 PC.

I HAVE DSL SERVICE (Verizon) AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SET IT UP ON MY POCKET PC TO SEND E-MAILS. I COPY THE SAME SERVER INFO AS I HAVE IN THE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK SET-UP), E-MAIL ADDRESS, ETC. FIRST I HAD AS MY CONNECTION, THE INTERNET ON MY POCKET PC -- THAT DID NOT WORK, SO I CHANGED IT TO MY ISP NAME. THAT DOES NOT WORK. The e-mail test test would go into outbox folder and when I try to resend from outbox, it would just go back into the draft folder.
NOTE: ON THE OUTLOOK CONNECTION TAB, VERIZON SET IT AS CONNECT TO LAN -- at bottom tab: dsl

:bad-words:

luv, peace & chicken livers[/b]

JPD6825
05-23-2006, 02:37 AM
Maybe some stupid questions back to you...
Have you actually previously established a good connection to your router? and the internet? i.e. You actually can use PIE to browse the web? Yadda, Yadda...

movie_star
05-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Have you actually previously established a good connection to your router? and the internet? i.e. You actually can use PIE to browse the web? Yadda, Yadda...

I'm not talking about my desktop if that is what u mean. I'm trying to send e-mail from my pocket pc

:roll:

Stormswift
05-28-2006, 04:26 PM
If e-mailing is important to you get a yahoo or hotmail mobil account. You may be wasting time trying to e-mail from pocketpc with Veirzon. I 've had the same problem ever since I got verizon: can receive mail but cannot send anything. Rumor has it it may be verizon and not what we are doing. If in all of this time somone posted a way to do it I I hope they post the solution

Cybrid
05-28-2006, 10:07 PM
I HAVE A WIRELESS HP5555 PC.

I HAVE DSL SERVICE (Verizon) AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SET IT UP ON MY POCKET PC TO SEND E-MAILS. I COPY THE SAME SERVER INFO AS I HAVE IN THE MICROSOFT OUTLOOK SET-UP), E-MAIL ADDRESS, ETC. FIRST I HAD AS MY CONNECTION, THE INTERNET ON MY POCKET PC -- THAT DID NOT WORK, SO I CHANGED IT TO MY ISP NAME. THAT DOES NOT WORK. The e-mail test test would go into outbox folder and when I try to resend from outbox, it would just go back into the draft folder.
NOTE: ON THE OUTLOOK CONNECTION TAB, VERIZON SET IT AS CONNECT TO LAN -- at bottom tab: dsl

:bad-words:

luv, peace & chicken livers[/b]

When you capitalize your words, it would be seen as SHOUTING!!
It is considered rude.

Are you connecting to your wireless router correctly? Is it giving you a valid IP? Are you able to surf the internet (on your Pocket PC) like jpd6825 asked?
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html Use this to verify your settings.
then try again to set up your email.

movie_star
06-13-2006, 10:13 PM

I'm not talking about my desktop if that is what u mean. I'm trying to send e-mail from my pocket pc

:roll:

Well I found out while away in Fl to use my 802.11 wireless that I need to be in a hot spot to access the internet; some have firewalls and u can't get connected; when i do get connected, i go to yahoo (seems I can't send e-mail from yahoo) and send my e-mail from hotmail.

THanks for the tip!!
:D