View Full Version : AOL 2.0.55 - HELP, I'm Stuck!

SEScoops
05-17-2006, 04:51 AM
Alright, my first post!! :D

I started researching 'smartphones' 2 weeks ago ... after reading all the reviews, playing with the devices in person and finding this forum, I decided to go with the XV6700 from Verizon. I'll have plenty of n00b questions to bother you guys with, but this one is a legit issue..

I just purchased and installed [AOLŪ 2.0.55 for Pocket PC 2003 1st Edition] onto my PocketPC and am having some trouble with it. The application loads fine, I am able to sign into my AOL account, view my eMail, buddylist, etc. The problem is that once I'm reading an eMail, there's no way to "go back" to my mailbox or anything else - I'm stuck in that window (all I can do is toggle between my messages). When I'm writing an eMail, there's no ability to "SEND" (and/or "go back" to any other window - I'm stuck once again)...

** It appears that the top menubar (where you can access the pulldown menu with Online Mailbox, File Cabinet, etc.) disappears whenever I select anything and then I can't get it back, so I'm trapped in whatever I select.

I eMailed the Handango tech support, he told me to contact AOL. I contacted AOL and have heard nothing back.

Has anybody else used AOL 2.0.55 and/or had this isssue?

houghton
05-20-2006, 02:59 AM
I have the sprint 6700 and when I tried to run the software I didn't even get as far as you. The Handango people told me that it was aol's problem, the aol people told me Handango problem, then sprint said aol wasn't even support of the phone??

I complained and got my money back but you seemed to get a lot further than I did.

Edgar_
05-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Alright, my first post!! :D

WELCOME!!
Is this on WM2003SE?

The problem is that once I'm reading an eMail, there's no way to "go back" to my mailbox or anything else - I'm stuck in that window (all I can do is toggle between my messages).

Do you have a left facing light blue arrow at the bottom just right of center? This takes you back one menu/page.

It appears that the top menubar (where you can access the pulldown menu with Online Mailbox, File Cabinet, etc.) disappears whenever I select anything and then I can't get it back, so I'm trapped in whatever I select.

Weird! - mine is there and fine (hx4700, WM2003SE, via GPRS/Bt, wifi or AS)

I eMailed the Handango tech support, he told me to contact AOL. I contacted AOL and have heard nothing back.

Has anybody else used AOL 2.0.55 and/or had this isssue?

I doubt you will hear back - I think they dropped support on this - they've sure dropped development on it. They think you should just use the webmail.

You can try reinstallign I guess, thats prob what AOL would tell you anyways. ;/

My about reads
AOL Version 2.0
Copyright 2003
Build - (4098.8/2.0.55)

I know the software is real particular - AOL stinks as a developer.