View Full Version : iPaq not connecting to internet through Verizon

tailwinddon
05-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi,
I have an iPaq hx2755, I use a Gomadic cable to connect it to my LG VX8000 to connect to the internet. I set the cell using the seven zeroes, UART1, NULDEV, 115200 baude etc. I use the [email protected] user name and qnc or vzw password. Also Z&f0 dial string. All of this was working fine until about a week ago, then no more connections. Several hard resets and re-entries later no change. I talked to Gomadic, they suggested a new cable which they sent me at no charge, also no change. The tech also said that Verizon had ended it's "dial-up network" capabilities but, thought there was a way to reverse it on the cell but didn't know how. Contacted Verizon and they have ended dial-up. "You will have to subscribe to our broadband service" at $60/mo.
Am I going in the right direction to solve this or is there another problem I don't see? Has anyone else had this problem? If Verizon is the problem what are my options to connect to the internet by the cell? I know I can use wi-fi but, I'm not always in an area to use it. That's why a cell connection is more convenient for me.
Any help or advice will be astronomically appreciated!
Thanks,
Don