View Full Version : How do I shut off the push client?

possmann
05-16-2006, 04:35 PM
OK - I updated my Treo with the new update off verizon/palm site so I could get email pushed to me. Currently I only have my hotmail being pushed to me - but there are times when I want to shut the darn push off - so my device doesn't beep or buzz every time I get an email pushed to me. I looked at the wireless manager and currently I can either shut everything off - or keep everything on.

Is there a setting that allows me to just have the phone on and not the wireless conection?

coferj
05-23-2006, 05:41 AM
I believe the solution that you're searching for is this.

Open your wireless sync main screen, either by start>programs>wireless sync, or by clicking the small icon in your bottom right of the screen if present. Once you have the sync main screen up, you press Menu...toward the bottom of the Menu you will see a check mark next to "Push Enabled"...click or use the directional pad to navigate to this option, and select it. I am still new to it, but I believe that this will stop the push function until you reinstate it. If not, someone I'm sure will be along to correct me.