View Full Version : Stupid ActiveSync Problems

humayunl
05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm using ActiveSync 4.2 beta and a WM5 device.

Everything was fine 3 days ago... synchronizing with outlook and all.

I installed ZoneAlarm firewall. initially it blocked AS access and synchronization stopped but i enabled AS in ZA's configuration and it started working again.

After a couple of days of working without any problems, when i connected my device yesterday (always through the cradle) ActiveSync started, the green vball strated rolling, connected, looking for changes, synchronizing... and it stays at synchronizing ALL DAY without any progress on any of the items or anything.

One new thing i have noticed that COULD be related is that when i cradle my device and AS connects, i get a new network connection notification bubble, it says "acquiring ip address" on my XP start bar on that network connection icon and created a 10MBps connection. I dont remember seeing this before. Why is this appearing? Can this be interfering with synchronization? Should I disable this "WM based device" in network connections ?

any help will be appreciated.

humayunl
05-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Anyone?

Menneisyys??

please save me..

Janak Parekh
05-16-2006, 11:21 PM
First, have you tried turning off ZoneAlarm as a debugging step? You may also want to try the ActiveSync troubleshooter (I think there may be a link in AS 4.2, or Google for it).

Also -- the dancing ball when the device connects is perfectly normal. You just didn't notice it before. :) Essentially, WM5 Pocket PCs talk to ActiveSync on the desktop through an IP network connection.

--janak