View Full Version : Essential PIM and the O2 Atom

graceless
05-14-2006, 01:06 AM
Hey guys,

Does anyone here have any experience with the program EssentialPIM (http://www.essentialpim.com/?r=products&pr=provsfree)

From looking at it, it looks like a nice little program that does everything active synching with Outlook would do, minus the email.

I have an O2 Atom and I'm very reliant on the calander/tasking aspect of Outlook, however currently do not have a copy of Outlook (pirated software gets detected sadly!), so considering moving to Thunderbird as my email client.

However, I understand that I cannot sync my PPC/Phone with Thunderbird, but still want the function that I had with Outlook re calander, contacts management and taskings.

Do you think that I could run Essential PIM in conjunction, but seperate to, Thunderbird and replicate the situation I have by running outlook.

I do NOT sync email with my phone at all - just contacts, tasks and calendar.

Ideas, comments, thoughts appreciated.

Cheers
Grace

Darius Wey
05-14-2006, 04:32 AM
I have an O2 Atom and I'm very reliant on the calander/tasking aspect of Outlook, however currently do not have a copy of Outlook (pirated software gets detected sadly!), so considering moving to Thunderbird as my email client.

I've not tried EssentialPIM, so I can't comment much about it.

But back to Outlook, didn't your Atom come with a legitimate copy? Just about every Pocket PC includes a bundled copy of Outlook, and I'd be shocked if yours was a pirated one. 8O

However, I understand that I cannot sync my PPC/Phone with Thunderbird, but still want the function that I had with Outlook re calander, contacts management and taskings.

If you prefer Thunderbird, you can try FinchSync (http://www.finchsync.com/) - an alternative sync solution that supports Mozilla products.

graceless
05-14-2006, 05:00 AM
Yer I did get a copy of Outlook 2002 with my phone, but sadly I was using Outlook 2003 prior to getting the phone, and it turns out Outlook's not backward compatible.

Have you tried using this Thunderbird sync? Is it good?

Darius Wey
05-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Have you tried using this Thunderbird sync? Is it good?

I've not tried it, since I use Outlook for my calendar, contacts and tasks.

I do use Thunderbird for my e-mail, but I only have IMAP accounts set up in there, which do not require any extra software for synchronising.