View Full Version : Replay AV and iPOD

Golfer
05-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I am using Rplay AV to capture streaming content. I have checked the checkbox to copy the recorder file to go into itunes. The files does actually go into itunes with the checkbox ticked. Howver, it does not go onto my ipod when I update the ipod.

Has anyone got this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Guest979
05-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Hello Golfer.

I'm not a ReplayAV user, so it would help to know what format the videos are in.

However, if they are playing successfully in iTunes, you should be able to choose "Convert Selection for iPod" under the movie's contextual menu* in iTunes.

*Although this is usually just called "right-clicking," on some operating systems it may be accessed via control-clicking, tap-and-holding, or other methods.

Golfer
05-14-2006, 11:35 PM
The files are audio files rather than video. I am linking the ipod to my laptop which is not the primary itunes directory. I select No, when itunes asks if I what to associate the ipod with my laptop. So the itunes directory contains the files I want checked, but they don't copy across to the ipod ?

Guest979
05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
The files are audio files rather than video. I am linking the ipod to my laptop which is not the primary itunes directory. I select No, when itunes asks if I what to associate the ipod with my laptop. So the itunes directory contains the files I want checked, but they don't copy across to the ipod ?

It sounds like the problem is not really related to the ReplayAV, but rather it has more to do with syncing an iPod with a secondary computer.

I must admit I have never tried this. Does the iPod show up in iTunes' source list? If so, couldn't you just manually drag the tracks in iTunes? If not, you may have to transfer the files to the main syncing computer (although ironically, you could use your iPod's disk partition for this purpose).