View Full Version : Managing Program/System files in WM ver5

GuyKo
05-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

Two things regarding how WM handles these files:

1) Being a novice with WM OS, I installed extra software without giving thought to how the file system will handle installation. As a result, I now have installation files for a certain software in the main directory of Program Files rather than in a folder. Can I relocate them into a folder without having to re-install?

2) For next time: what's the best way of keeping Program File folder and indeed other system folders tidy? Does WM not automatically create a folder for newly installed software to sit in?
Come to think of it, it did create folders for other installed software; so was it a single incident?

Thanks,

GuyKo.

CorporateJay
05-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Programs for Windows Mobile install a lot like programs for the desktop versions of Windows. There could be changes to other folders and the registry. If you move files, the program will probably not work.

I would not move any files or folders under the "programs" folder that were created during installation unless I knew for certain it was safe (and I probably still would not move it).

If you changed the default path during installation, you should be able to uninstall and reinstall the software.