View Full Version : Software links

GuyKo
05-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi all,

Can I please get some recommendations for established software sites that people have been happy with, offering a selection of 3rd party software for Windows Mobile ver5? Preferably freeware :) but not just.

Already know of pocketgear.com and mobiletopsoft.com

Thanks,

GuyKo.

mrlb
05-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Mate,
http://www.handango.com/ is similar to pocketgear
http://www.freewareppc.com/ is a good freeware site.

Heaps of sites out there search around...

GuyKo
05-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Yep there are loads, been crossing paths with some already, but was also wondering about those that people have had first hand experience with. Issues like secure purchasing, reliable downloads etc.

Regards.

Catman51
05-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Pocketgear.com or Handango
Secure and never a problem.

GuyKo
05-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Good to hear, thanks; have delt with PalmGear quite a while ago so good to hear they still maintain their standards.

Regards.

Guest979
05-07-2006, 09:33 PM
...Handango
Secure and never a problem.

I guess he means in his own personal experience - but there are countless posts here about problems with Handango. I don't think PocketGear will be winning any customer service awards either.

GuyKo
05-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Oh really?! Sounds nasty; as I said, have dealt briefly with PalmGear quite a while back and don't remember it being a nightmare.

Well, think I'd prefer to buy directly from developers anyway if I can, but will keep an eye on these two, thanks.

Regards.

Nurhisham Hussein
05-09-2006, 03:59 PM
Well, think I'd prefer to buy directly from developers anyway if I can, but will keep an eye on these two, thanks.

While I haven't had significant problems with either Handango or Pocket Gear, I really would recommend buying direct when you can - both sites take a significant (as in up to 40%) slice of sales as their commission. So if you want to support independent developers, buying direct is the way to go.