View Full Version : Looking for an app that can do this type of syncing

David_C
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I have a large Excel spreadsheet that I constantly update while at work. I would like to keep an updated version of that spreadsheet on my PDA so I can look up information etc.

Is there a program that will automatically sync the desktop version to my PDA without me physically doing it?

Hoping what I wrote makes sense :)

Dave

Edgar_
05-03-2006, 07:22 PM
You can always use Activesynchs file synching - simply by placing the document in the '<device name> My Documents' folder under your personal 'My Documents' you will automatically synch the two.

I'm not sure if Softmaker Planner does synching, but it does have full Excel format support and editing, graphs, tables etc. It's what Pocket Excel should be.

applejosh
05-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Planmaker doesn't do any syncing, but during its installation it does ask if you want to turn conversion off (so Excel docs aren't changed to Pocket Excel docs, etc.) Since Planmaker does a great job of opening native Excel worksheets, I personally feel that's the way to go.

If you want to keep the large spreadsheet in some place other than the My Documents folder on your PPC (eg. a memory card), then you might try looking for an app like Mobsync, which can sync up any directory on the desktop with any directory on the PPC. There's also another app that does the same thing, but I can't recall the name. Both are shareware now (mobsync used to be free, but I guess they changed that policy when they moved out of beta).

Nurhisham Hussein
05-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Both are shareware now (mobsync used to be free, but I guess they changed that policy when they moved out of beta).

You can still find the last free version of Mobsync if you look hard enough.