View Full Version : Multiple POP3 accounts in WM5

lancia
05-02-2006, 08:09 PM
I have a ppc6700 pocket pc phone with WM5 on it. I have multiple POP3 accounts as well as exchange sync. I notice that my POP3 accounts don't always sync based on my settings. It appears that the email account that was last opened is the only one that automatically syncs. How do I get them all to sync based on the schedule?

Anyone else seen this type of behavior?

Jason Dunn
05-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I believe this is a bug in Pocket Inbox with no known fix.

The solution? Use a different Inbox client:
http://www.webis.net/products_info.php?p_id=mail&dir=wm

lancia
05-02-2006, 08:47 PM
I believe this is a bug in Pocket Inbox with no known fix.

The solution? Use a different Inbox client:
http://www.webis.net/products_info.php?p_id=mail&dir=wm

Thanks for the info!

I thought I read somewhere that it would only grab emails from the "open" account. Do you know where the bug info is?

Jason Dunn
05-02-2006, 08:49 PM
I thought I read somewhere that it would only grab emails from the "open" account. Do you know where the bug info is?

Yes, I believe the bug is that it will only poll for email on the selected account. I don't know if that bug has been officially documented or discussed anywhere...

Jason Dunn
05-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Ok, the people I've asked have said that this bug was fixed in Windows Mobile 5...but clearly it wasn't. I'm going to see if I can get feedback from a Microsoft person on this one.

ChristopherTD
05-04-2006, 07:34 AM
FWIW, I tried this yesterday. I have one POP3 account set to check for mail every 5 minutes. When a new mail arrives it alerts you.

I switched to another POP account, closed the device, and sent myself an email. I got no alert (after a reasonable time had elapsed). However, when I went back to the original account, the message had been retrieved. So it did seem to be syncing, but only alerting when the account was in the "Foreground".

This is with WM5 running the latest AKU2 update from Orange.

I don't know if this demonstrates the bug, or demonstrates that it has been fixed!

Regards
Christopher

Jason Dunn
05-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Ok, it seems like this was fixed fully in AKU2 - do you have that on your 6700?