View Full Version : Qmail and yahoo mail, 3 questions

emoiscool
05-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Hello
I am succesufully using qmail with my gmail account. Now I'd like to do the same for my yahoo account, is that possible?

I am receiving errors when I try to access the mailbox, maybe I set something wrong or maybe its not possible...anyone got a clue?

I even tried to set qmail to read a tiscali.it account, I succeded in reading the mails but not on sending from the same server. Even here maybe I get something wrong on how to use free smtp servers for the outgoing.

Last but not least, anyone knows how to set an antispam filter for qmail?
Thanks
Emo

Menneisyys
05-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Hello
I am succesufully using qmail with my gmail account. Now I'd like to do the same for my yahoo account, is that possible?

Frst: do you have POP3 access to Yahoo at all? If you're unsure: Have you read my article on the POP3 access of Yahoo? It's also available here at PPCT - http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=364632

emoiscool
05-03-2006, 11:53 AM
Frst: do you have POP3 access to Yahoo at all? If you're unsure: Have

Thanks Menneisyys, I missed that one :D
I'll stick with gmail, no reason to change that since, its cool, its huge and its free :mrgreen:
Only thing its really boring its the SPAM, any hint on how to configure qmail for filtering it?
Thanks
Emo

Guest979
05-03-2006, 04:40 PM
The article mentions that the UK version of Yahoo still has free POP - I just wanted to add that I think the Canadian version does too. However, I'm not advocating lying about your nationality, and I don't mean to imply that I think it is legal/illegal (I don't really know).

You might consider fastmail.fm - they have an interesting plan where you just pay $15, as a one-time fee, and you get a good-quality IMAP account. As much as I hate to say it, I am starting to dislike free services, because they constantly disappear from existence, and/or have server problems - if they have a little of your money, you at least have much greater leverage to complain, if you have to, and you are probably less likely to need to complain in the first place.

*Exception: I really like Gmail, which is free. However, right now it still feels "too good to be true," and although I wish it would stay free forever, I kind of doubt that it will.

Menneisyys
05-05-2006, 11:45 AM
The article mentions that the UK version of Yahoo still has free POP - I just wanted to add that I think the Canadian version does too. However, I'm not advocating lying about your nationality, and I don't mean to imply that I think it is legal/illegal (I don't really know).

Anyone can register an account on the UK/Canadian Yahoo Mail - there's no, say, address check (unlike with, say, some German freemail providers), you can choose any country from the drop-down list and the "ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS" docs doesn't have any restriction on nationality either.