View Full Version : Treo 700w update only half done

tvanscot
04-28-2006, 06:54 PM
I updated my Treo 700 with no problem. A friend updated his and the installer hung half way through. Now the phone software version is the latest 1.10 like mine but his Windows Mobile Version is not updated. If he tries to install it again it says the phone is already up to date. Anyone know how to get the installer to force an install?

goofylogic82
05-02-2006, 04:25 PM
I e-mailed Palm on this issue and here is there responce.

Thank you for contacting Palm Treo 700W email Technical Support. My name is A.J. and I will be assisting you with your issue. I understand you are experiencing an issue with the Palm Treo 700W update software.
If the update process was interrupted, it is possible for the device to indicate it is running the new software version even though one or more features of the update are not installed. To allow the update to run on the device you will need to modify one of the update files. Open the Windows Explorer application on the computer and browse to the local disk, Program Files folder, Palm folder, and the Palm Treo 700w Updater folder. Inside this folder will be a file named vers. Right-click on the file and select Open. When prompted which application to open the file with choose Notepad. The file will contain a single line with the version number 1.10, and you will need to change this value to 1.11 and then save the file. This will allow you to run the update on the device a second time, even though the device already shows the updated software version.

Cordially,
Palm Treo700w Support Team