View Full Version : O2 Atom PDA - LED indicator meaning

BrightFuture
04-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I have recently bought this device. The manual that comes with it leaves a lot to be desired in both configuring the hardware features and instructions on Windows mobile functionality.

One thing That is annoying me is not being able to work out what the different colours on the multicolor LED mean.

At the momont it is flashing orange and I don't know what it means.

Can anyone give me a description or tell me where I can find out (I'm sure it is not in the manual.

Cheers
Tony.

tamm
05-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Tony.

I'm sure it is in the manual somewhere but you're right it is difficult to locate.

Orange flashing = connected to mobile phone network
Orange on = charging
Blue flashing = Bluetooth

The LEDs are also supposed to be used for WiFi status and notifications as well.

graceless
05-17-2006, 09:11 AM
I have an Atom and the only time I've had the orange light flashing is where there's an unopened notification (ie new sms/email/reminder/missed call/etc)

BrightFuture
05-19-2006, 01:37 PM
I have just bought a TorQ 120. Apparently this is the same device (technically sort of at least).

The manual for the TorQ looks cheaper but seems to have alot more in it. For the LED it says the following
Red On=Charging
Red Flashing =Low battery
Green Flash=Phone On
Orange Flashes quickly=Caution or Warning (whatever that means)

desemondo225
06-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I haven't read this anywhere - this only from my observations of using my phone.
Red steady = charging
Red flashing = notification (sms, calendar reminder, etc)
green flashing = phone on
green steady = wireless nic active
blue flashing = bluetooth active

blue/green flashing (ossicilating) = bluetooth/wireless both active.
purple = bluetooth active while charging or if received a notification

I guess most people that have an Atom have probably worked out these already but i hope someone finds this helpful.

Cheers,
Des