View Full Version : A couple of questions

tanko
04-27-2006, 06:34 AM
Ok so i was at the mall the other day and it said there was a WiFi hotspot on a sign, so i tried it out and there was. When i tried to connect it asked for a password. This really confused as didnt know what to put so i couldnt connect. What do i do about this?
Second, regarding orb, i have an 8125 which has a kinda slow processor, would this hinder the performance of orb?

Darius Wey
04-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Ok so i was at the mall the other day and it said there was a WiFi hotspot on a sign, so i tried it out and there was. When i tried to connect it asked for a password. This really confused as didnt know what to put so i couldnt connect. What do i do about this?

It's an encrypted hotspot, which means it can only be used by those who have rightful access to it. If this is in a mall, and being publicly advertised with a sign, then it's likely you'll need to contact the mall's information centre and ask how you can set up an account with them to gain the necessary details for access.

Second, regarding orb, i have an 8125 which has a kinda slow processor, would this hinder the performance of orb?

No, it shouldn't. Two things you would want to worry about instead: (1) the specifications of your PC - the faster your processor and the greater the amount of memory, the better it will be at streaming; (2) available bandwidth - as you'd expect, the greater the bandwidth, the greater the quality of media being streamed.