View Full Version : SprintDB Pro 3.0 Now Works With Windows Mobile 5

Ed Hansberry
04-27-2006, 06:00 PM
<a href="http://www.kaione.com/Product_Info/sprintdbpro_30.html">http://www.kaione.com/Product_Info/sprintdbpro_30.html</a><br /><br /><i>"SprintDB Pro is now fully compatible with Windows Mobile 5.0. The issue with Windows Mobile 5.0/ActiveSync 4.x has been fixed. Simply install SprintDB Pro/Pro+Printing Ver 3.0. You will be able to convert and synchronize your Access databases with your WM5.0 device as previously."</i><br /><br />ActiveSync 3.x had a conduit built in that allowed CE databases to sync through it. That was what that "Access" command was under Tools I think. Not sure, it has been so long since I had AS3.x installed. :wink: Anyway, SprintDB Pro has worked around these issues and it now will work on your Windows Mobile 5 device.

DaleReeck
04-28-2006, 04:25 PM
He he, actually their "workaround" was to simply add back the Pocket Access conduit that Microsoft ripped from ActiveSync 4. But it works well. I wonder if Kaione can do the same for the missing wifi syncing and non-continuous sync options also missing from AS4? :D

marlof
04-29-2006, 02:22 PM
There was nothing simple about that. First, Microsoft had to make that sync conduit avaible for AS4 and WM5. That took longer than predicted, and all databases relying on the .cdb Pocket Access database structure suffered. Fro instance also Data On the Run from BioMobility had an issue, waiting for MS to release this fix. Anyhow, I'm happy that SprintDB Pro, my database of choice for simple flatfile databases that enables you to create your own forms on your Pocket PC, now should work again with the HTC Universal/JasJar my wife is using.

DaleReeck
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I also like SprintDB Pro. I use it to track my two 400-disc DVD changers. I also have HandDBase (I liked that it was cross platofrm with PPC, Palm and Windows). But the newest version has awful stability problems and syncing had stopped working.