View Full Version : Thinking of buying universal in UK - contract advice wanted please!

billuk
04-26-2006, 11:23 AM
I'm thing of getting either the T-Mobile MDA Pro or O2 Exec in the UK. Or if I was to get an unlocked one could I use my existing sim card (not O2 or T-Mobile) which is just a voice pay as you go?

Which one have people found to be the best?- probably more interms of contract rather than function as they should be the same.

Anything I should be looking out for?

Can I assume that if you don't take the "Data download" extra then you can't use GPRS???

Also is the O2 4mB "Browse and download" a better deal than the T-Mobile "Web & Walk"? While the web&walk is unlimited it's restricted to web browsing only (no internet radio steaming!). In your usage have you found 4Mb per month be enough or shouldn't I worry.

My main use would be for occasional remote access and sending emails on the move.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Bill

schwuk
05-31-2006, 10:36 PM
I've got an o2 XDA Exec on their Online 500 tariff (£35pm) and I've had absolutely no problems with it. I've got a 5MB data allowance & I've not gone over that yet in over 6 months.