View Full Version : Bluetooth stereo headset with possible microphone.

ricksfiona
04-25-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm wondering what people think is the best Bluetooth stereo headset that could possibly include a microphone to use with a cell phone. I was looking at the Plantronics, but I heard the stereo quality isn't very good. Thanks.

Darius Wey
04-25-2006, 10:04 AM
With regard to Bluetooth stereo headphones with headset functionality, I've only had a solid playaround with the Bluetake i-PHONO mini. It's good, but could be better. You can learn more about it in a review (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,46223) published back in February.

ricksfiona
04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks, but I think I'd like something with better audio quality. I'm not an audio junkie, but have hearing like the bionic woman...

Sven Johannsen
04-26-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm wondering what people think is the best Bluetooth stereo headset that could possibly include a microphone to use with a cell phone. I was looking at the Plantronics, but I heard the stereo quality isn't very good. Thanks.
To use with what?

I have three BT stereo headphone options. An HP Headphone, the Motorola HT820, and a BTH-820/BTA-830 set (http://www.engadget.com/2006/04/18/g-sat-bth-820-bta-830-bluetooth-audio-hands-on-review/). I have three BT TX options, the HP rx3715, which supports it using the supplied drivers with the HP headphones, A USB dongle for my MCE PC which supports A2DP, and that last BTH-820/BTA-830 thing has a TX side that plugs into any headphone jack.

The BTH-820/BTA-830 combo is wonderful. Very much like just having a cable. The PC paired with any of the recive options is pretty good, and the PPC with any of the receiver options needs some work. I can only imagine it is dependent on the driver and uumpf of the thing processing the A2DP.

Keep in mind that the stereo output (A2DP), which has no input function, and the Handsfree function, which does have input, and therefore supports a mic, are two distinct capabilities of the headset, such as the Motorola. You must pair the stereo and handsfree independently. Can be at the same time, and even to the same unit, but they are two distinct connections. They are designed such that if you are listenning to tunes over stereo, and a call comes in, the tunes are shut off and you make a call with mic and mono, over the headsaet profile. When done the stereo kicks back in. Full support will actually pause and restart the stereo. It may though just cut off the stereo audio and leave the file playing, if the player doesn't support the control functions for stereo.