View Full Version : Automated Testing Tools - Windows Mobile 2003 + 5

bootsman1971
04-24-2006, 04:43 PM
I work for a company that creates applications to run on both Windows Mobile 2003 and Windows Mobile 5. We're currently looking at the possibility of adding an automated testing tool, but the only 1 I've been able to find so far is TestQuest. Has anyone successfully used automated test tools for Windows Mobile 2003 and/or Windows Mobile 5? If so, which automated tools were used?

tcubed
05-14-2006, 02:25 PM
At the Microsoft Embedded Developers Conference (MEDC) last week, the mVerify Corporation announced general availability of version 1.2 of its mVerify Test System (MTS) product. It is specifically designed to test WM5 applications, as well as Windows CE versions 2003 and 5. Email [email protected] for details. Disclaimer: I work for mVerify.

Jonny-b-good
10-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey,

Don't buy Mverify, trust me.. I am a test engineer at Verizon and we recently bought a couple of licenses of TQ Pro and an CountDown. The System is awesome and very easy to use.

Here are some of the challenges with test automation:
Constantly releasing more and more new phones per year, across different hardware platforms, operating systems, and network types (GSM, CDMA, 3G)
The complexity of these devices is growing by orders of magnitude, which drives the need for 1000’s of complex testing scenarios for each device release.
Mobile applications developers are writing applications that must run on a variety of these heterogeneous devices/environments.

“Test Automation is the only way to meet these challenges” However, Automation is difficult using traditional programming oriented tools - Skills
The current generation of Test Automation tools require significant programming to be successful
QA organizations are not development organizations and do not have developers (programmers) and good development skills which are a prerequisite for being successful with these traditional solutions.