View Full Version : Cannot dialup from my Pocket Loox N560 using my Nokia 6680

ubik
04-24-2006, 08:41 AM
I am trying to setup dialup from my N560(WM5, MS Bluetooth) to my Nokia 6680 to get 3G internet access, but after setting everything up (i've think i've done this right because i've done it a thousand times with my laptop) i can't seem to go past dialing. I see the icon on my mobile phone saying that some bluetooth device is connecting to it (the devices are paired and the nokia is set on auto-allow connections), my pda is dialing, but then just fails saying "something went wrong".

Now i'm not sure, but i'm thinking that this is because prior to setting up my dialup on the laptop i have to install "Nokia PC Suite" that also contains some sort of modem drivers. I've found out here: http://europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,71234,00.html that they offer this kind of modem drivers for "Microsoft Bluetooth users" so i'm thinking that because my N560 has the Microsoft Bluetooth stack i'm having this issues and i have to somehow install some drivers to make the PDA be able to talk to the phone.

For me, this is vital as without 3G, the PDA will be unconnected most of the time, as where i live, hotspot coverage is scarce at most :(

Please help!

ubik
04-24-2006, 09:59 AM
After searching like crazy i've found the solution to this:

The modem initialization string that i've been provided by my mobile phone carrier worked with the laptop, but not with the PDA, so i had to use a slighty different one:

instead of: at+cgdcont=1,"ip","x.y.z"
had to use: +cgdcont=1,"IP","x.y.z.",,0,0

And it worked fine!
PS: Replace x.y.z with your mobile phone carrier's access point.