View Full Version : iPaq H3950

rickyau
04-24-2006, 01:53 AM
I need some help! Can anyone give me information about geting my iPaq to recognize an SD card. I get some error messages but I can't find what they mean. Anything would be greatly appreciated!

ipaqczar
04-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Hi Rick,

I've got a 3950 and I've never had any problems with it recognizing MMC or SD cards (32mb, 64mb, 128mb, 256mb or 1 gig from Lexar, Kodak, Sandisk).

What size card is it?

What brand is it?

What format (Fat 16 or Fat 32)?

What error are you getting?

Do you have a SD card reader on your PC?

rickyau
05-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Thanks! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply, we've had some illness in the family. The card in question is a SanDisk 64mb. I don't know the FAT, however a man at a local pc shop was able to read it on his reader.
There are only two times that the iPaq has even tried to read the card, it's asked if I wanted to format the card. I said yes, it tried to format it and then so far I've recieved 2 different messages. I didn't write them down and can't remember what they referred to, sorry. If it does it again I'll write them down. In the meantime is there anything that you can think of that would help me get the card going? Thanks Ricky

rickyau
05-08-2006, 03:38 PM
OK I tried to install the SD card update from HP. This is an error message that popped up, "Cannot execute repllog.exe". Then A few hours later I was asked if I wanted to format the SD card for use. I clicked OK, this message came up, "An error occured while formatting the storage card folder. Error Code 31". Any thoughts?

Janak Parekh
05-08-2006, 04:45 PM
First, I'd make sure the SD card works in a desktop computer; try formatting it there. If it does work there and then doesn't work on the 3950, that would establish there's a problem with the Pocket PC.

--janak

rickyau
05-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Another error code that I got yesterday was 1617. Also if its a hardware problem and what does it take to correct it?

rickyau
06-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Hey guys got another question. I did a hard reset on my ppc this morning and there are a few programs that when I try to reinstall them I'm told " ... is not a valid Windows CE Setup file." They loaded fine and were working yesterday. HELP! Thanks Ricky

Janak Parekh
06-07-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey guys got another question. I did a hard reset on my ppc this morning and there are a few programs that when I try to reinstall them I'm told " ... is not a valid Windows CE Setup file." They loaded fine and were working yesterday.
Most programs have to be installed from the desktop. Is that what you're doing?

--janak

rickyau
06-07-2006, 06:44 PM
A couple of them are CAB files

Constant Caffeine
06-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Have you tried to format the card using a desktop computer? As Janak suggested, that would be the first step in resolving this issue. As for your most recent question, if your trying to install it to the card in question, that may be another indication your card may have some issues.

rickyau
06-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Thanks, on a couple of the apps I went to their home sites and downloaded the software once again. It loaded fine sooooo.....

Janak Parekh
06-07-2006, 09:25 PM
A couple of them are CAB files
That still does not guarantee anything. You need to follow the installation instructions with the software. A CAB file intended for a Pocket PC should indeed be installable through the Pocket PC itself, but there can be CAB installers that should be run on the desktop.

--janak

rickyau
06-08-2006, 04:30 AM
OK and thanks, I'll try to keep aware of those suggestions. Ricky