View Full Version : Once again Spb Backup has failed me! What a waste...

Silver5
04-23-2006, 05:34 AM
I decided tonight to upgrade to the latest release of Spb Pocket Plus. After removing the previous version (3.1.0) I started to install the 3.1.1 version. My Qtek 9100 popped up a message on the screen saying that the install was unsuccessful. No matter what I tried I was not able to install it.

Fortunately, or so I thought, I did a backup immediately before trying to upgrade the program. I hard reset my phone and proceeded to load the backup. Each and every time I try, the restore process gets stuck, and there is no way to tell why.

This has happened to me three times now. When I used the trial period of the program I had no problems, but as soon as I have email on the device it seems to fail, which really annoys me since that was the main thing I was looking to save. It really makes me feel cheated when a program like this fails.

Janak Parekh
04-24-2006, 01:26 AM
Have you contacted the Spb folks? From what I've heard, email is by far the hardest thing to properly backup/restore on the Pocket PC platform.

--janak

Silver5
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
I think I contacted them a while back about it the first time or two that it occured, but I didn't bother this times since it didn't make any difference. I still had to install everything from scratch. I even tried not restoring the emails and the restore process still stalled. In the end, since my Exchange emails were still on the server, it wasn't too bad. I did lose the sent message for the Pop3 account though...and the entire call log. Aside from those everything was easily installed or replaced from the SD card. I learned to store most things there instead of hoping the backups work...