View Full Version : IPAQ 6500/6515 keeps switching itself off

yoshi123
04-21-2006, 12:00 PM
My Ipaq 6515 likes to switch itself off. Not into standby, but in fact COMPLETELY OFF. So I switch on and it has to reboot.

When it's in the cradle/power by mains, it never switches itself off.

So you would think it is the battery...I have several batteries and it does the same thing.

Also, does anyone know how to stop it switching itself on when a txt message is received? Once a txt message is received, it switches on and stays ON until you press a button. So if I receive a txt message after I go to bed, I wake up to a flat battery.

Janak Parekh
04-21-2006, 04:24 PM
There's something seriously wrong on your device. 8O Has this always happened? Or have you recently installed new applications?

--janak

yoshi123
04-21-2006, 08:18 PM
I'm always installing new apps....but have uninstalled anything I don't need.

It seems just to switch itself off/shut down when it feels like it. This is in standby mode.

It'll also crash sometimes and go back to bootup screen.

You think it's software rather than hardware?

Janak Parekh
04-22-2006, 07:00 AM
It could be hardware, but I don't have enough data to tell one way or another yet.

When you have time, back up your device and try a hard reset -- and then try running your device without apps for a day or two and see if you can simulate the problem.

--janak

pocketpcadmirer
04-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Looks like the problem is with software. I was having the same problem from a couple of days.
I found that the pocket plus and the messaging plug-ins to be the culprits. I just turned them off and my pocket pc is back to normal