View Full Version : question about the volume on Dell Pocket PCs?

poloman2k4
04-20-2006, 01:50 AM
i'm really interested in buying a dell pocket pc so I wanted to know can anybody tell me how is the volume on the dell pocket pc?

also when you use the sd slot for movies or songs is the volume on speaker loud?

thanks again!

Darius Wey
04-20-2006, 04:52 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Loudness is a very subjective quality. I think my Dell Axim X50v is capable of outputting loud audio, but that's just my personal opinion.

poloman2k4
04-20-2006, 05:41 AM
Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts.

Loudness is a very subjective quality. I think my Dell Axim X50v is capable of outputting loud audio, but that's just my personal opinion.

thanks for the reply, can you elaborate more on the loudness please?

really appreciate it!!!

Darius Wey
04-20-2006, 05:47 AM

Loudness is highly dependent on perception. For example, I may perceive the audio coming out of a speaker to be very loud, whereas someone else may perceive it to be soft (perhaps due to some hearing loss).

So back to the point, I personally feel the audio coming out of my Dell Axim X50v to be loud, but you (or someone else) may not for the above reasons. That's what I mean by loudness being a "subjective" quality.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

poloman2k4
04-20-2006, 06:23 AM

Loudness is highly dependent on perception. For example, I may perceive the audio coming out of a speaker to be very loud, whereas someone else may perceive it to be soft (perhaps due to some hearing loss).

So back to the point, I personally feel the audio coming out of my Dell Axim X50v to be loud, but you (or someone else) may not for the above reasons. That's what I mean by loudness being a "subjective" quality.

I hope that clarifies the situation.

that really clarifies it thanks again!

one more question what is the most the volume controls can go up to?

thank you!!!

Darius Wey
04-20-2006, 06:36 AM

There are no quantitative controls. On all Pocket PCs, it goes from minimum to maximum (see the screenshot below).

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/images/web/2003/wey-20060420-PPCVolume.jpg

Nurhisham Hussein
04-20-2006, 06:49 AM

It doesn't go up to 11, if that's what you mean! :lol:

[sorry, bad spinal tap joke]

poloman2k4
04-20-2006, 02:01 PM

It doesn't go up to 11, if that's what you mean! :lol:

[sorry, bad spinal tap joke]

ah dont worry about that, but thanks anyway

thanks again people for the replies really appreciate that!!!

Don't Panic!
04-20-2006, 04:28 PM
The external speaker is very loud on my X50v. Most Audio players and TCPMP my preferred video player include pre-amp controls that will let you boost the volume louder than the maximum. There is also a program called X50mix that can make system wide volume changes as well as adjust the 3D, Bass Treble and Headphone volume..

Pocketjumper
04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
My x51 is loud enough using the onboard speakers. But then again, all the external speaker does for me is to blare out a notice that I have an appointment comming out.

poloman2k4
04-20-2006, 08:52 PM
thanks everyone I'm going to take yall word for it and buy the x50v.

Darius Wey
04-21-2006, 04:55 AM

Unless you resort to eBay, you might find it hard buying that particular model. Instead, you should opt for the upgraded model, the X51v, if you intend on buying direct from Dell.

poloman2k4
04-21-2006, 07:03 AM

Unless you resort to eBay, you might find it hard buying that particular model. Instead, you should opt for the upgraded model, the X51v, if you intend on buying direct from Dell.

i plan on buying the x50v from ebay.