View Full Version : viewing streaming video on Windows Mobile 2003

Corvus
04-18-2006, 05:52 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I found this forum after trying to search for ways to fix my problem.

Basically, I want to know if its possible to view streaming media from websites such as google video on my PDA. I've currently got a HP 2210 (not the newest of devices, though I can still stream back high resolution DivX files from my PC over my home network to my PDA no sweat, so I imagine streaming video won't be a problem with the Wi-Fi adapter i've got.

I've tried looking for different internet browsers, and I've installed Opera Mobile edition, and I've even installed macromedia flash mobile as well but I still can't view streaming video.

Is this even possible?

Nurhisham Hussein
04-18-2006, 06:31 AM
My impression with streaming video on the Windows mobile platform is that you have to directly open the file through a media player, and not through a web browser. Try finding out the direct link to the file, and opening that in WMP or TCPMP.

Corvus
04-18-2006, 06:39 AM
Try finding out the direct link to the file, and opening that in WMP or TCPMP.

Sorry, but this doesn't really help me play EMBEDDED video... You can't always find the direct URL, especially to a google video, which is what I want to view primarily.

Nurhisham Hussein
04-18-2006, 06:51 AM
That's the point I was trying to make - as far as I know, you can't play embedded video. I could be wrong though.

Corvus
04-18-2006, 07:05 AM
That's the point I was trying to make - as far as I know, you can't play embedded video. I could be wrong though.

Damn. :(

GSmith
04-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Has anyone tried Google Video by installing Flash ( http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47708 ). And if the Google Video Javascript is an issue with PIE, then trying Opera or Netfront browser?

Google also appears to be working on making RSS Feeds available. When this happens, FeederReader combined with the appropriate player will be able to download and play Google Videos easily.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - Pocket PC *direct* RSS text, audio, video, podasts
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

Corvus
04-18-2006, 05:33 PM
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:22 am Post subject:
Has anyone tried Google Video by installing Flash ( http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47708 ). And if the Google Video Javascript is an issue with PIE, then trying Opera or Netfront browser?

Thanks Greg,

Like I said, I've got Opera Installed as well as the pocket flash plugin, and so far, no luck with either Opera or PIE.

with PIE, It will only show selected flash animations (simple ones), otherwise the browser shuts down automatically (it even quits from memory), and google video will not work on either.

:(