View Full Version : Software

semrick
04-18-2006, 03:01 AM
I know this is a stupid question, but does anyone know where I can download the software for the IPAQ 3835 Pocket PC? I bought mine on EBay and it did not come with the computer software. All the help you can give me, would be great. By the way thanks for all your guys help.

Scott

Edgar_
04-18-2006, 03:22 AM
Well, from memory all that had was Activesync (available at www.pocketpc.com - you'll want version 3.8 )

Full outlook, now 5 years old - look for a newer rev

Avantgo (www.avantgo.com)

and some innocous junk like earthlink signups, some freeware and AOL (for PC)

Otherwise, all software updates and other items are here:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/family/model/2593.html

semrick
04-18-2006, 06:24 AM
What software do I need to have to download all my contacts, calendar stuff, to my desktop at home? I use to have a Palm, and it came with software called Palm Desktop where I can sync my Palm to the computer, and enter in all my data on my computer and send it to my palm. Will that same software work, or where can I download the Compaq Ver. of it? I have looked everywhere, and cant find anything. It keeps sending me to HP, so I guess HP bought that product from Compaq, but now I cant find the software needed to use my Compaq iPaq 3835 with my desktop. Please help.

Nurhisham Hussein
04-18-2006, 06:34 AM
You need Activesync (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/activesync38.mspx), more specifically Activesync 3.8. Don't download or install Activesync 4.x as that is only for Windows Mobile 5.

Edit: In restrospect, looking at your post, you'll also need the full Outlook program (note:Outlook Express is possible but only for e-mails I think). Unfortunately, since you don't have the CD, this is going to have to be purchased separately.

semrick
04-18-2006, 07:30 AM
Ok I already downloaded the Activesync, that is not what I am looking for. I need the software that has all my calendar stuff and eveything. Activesync is just so I can link the two, I need the software so I can type in all my contacts, calendar info, and then send it to the Pocket PC. Is there a way I can do this?

Edgar_
04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
You need Don't download or install Activesync 4.x as that is only for Windows Mobile 5.

Actually, this is incorrect. AS 4.1 has two sets of code, the full 3.8 code and the new 4.1 When a pre WM5 unit is synced it runs the older code, otherwise it runs the new code. This is well documented by MS.

However, I hate to bring additional complexity where I don't need it - so thats why I suggested you download AS 3.8 as well.

You will need MS Outlook to do the syncing. Any version including or after Outlook 2000 will work. This comes with MS Office; and with many programs from Palm, MS and others devices (but not all :( )

You may already have it; if not you'll need to obtain a copy of it - outlook express is not AS aware.