View Full Version : Howard Kidnapped?

Richard76
04-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I just tried to log on to HoFo to check out the Smartphone Forums and I think Howard has been kidnapped...or at least hijacked!

Whether I try to log on to the main site or the forums, it immediately redirects my browser to a Turkish website, which I can not read. However, when trying to log on to Howard Chui's main website, it redirected me to a different page first where I could make out the English word HACKERS at the bottom of the page.

I hope Howard is ok!

Darius Wey
04-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I can login to HoFo fine. Try clearing your cache and attempting the login again.

By the way, that is a really frightening thread title there. "Howard Kidnapped?" 8O Before I read your post, I thought this had something to do with the Australian Prime Minister. :| :(

Janak Parekh
04-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Seems to be working fine now. :)

--janak

Richard76
04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Sorry about that folks. I didn't mean to frighten anyone. I guess my humourous nature didn't realize the potential seriousness of that headline. I did, however, think about Howard Stern...just for a fleeting second!

Paragon
04-17-2006, 05:23 PM
"Howard Kidnapped?" 8O Before I read your post, I thought this had something to do with the Australian Prime Minister. :| :(

Damn, if only it read "Harper kidnapped. ;)

Dave

Edgar_
04-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Hmm

I *just* hit www.howardforums.com (9:35a PST) and the regular howard page came up then about 3 seconds later it jumped to the turkish page:

http://ayyildiz.org/
Even after clearing my cacheHis page, and hofo's page loads, then as you watch your status line load ads and background you see it jump.

Looks like a ad server is being redirected or hacked. That can affect us if its the same service we use.

Some may not get this as adservers are usually on a geographical load balance service. So, like Darius in .au may be hitting a different server than us.

But, it looks like Howard isnt hacked, one of his ads is doing it.

Jason Dunn
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM

Hey now! That's no way to talk about a guy that lives in my neighbourhood, and may just be the first politician in the past 50 or so years to actually KEEP HIS ELECTION PROMISES. 8O

Edgar_
04-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Canookian politics *sigh* :roll:

You don't hold a candle to all the fun we have here in the US :lol:

Paragon
04-17-2006, 07:54 PM

Hey now! That's no way to talk about a guy that lives in my neighbourhood, and may just be the first politician in the past 50 or so years to actually KEEP HIS ELECTION PROMISES. 8O

:lol:

I'd love to debate Canadian politicians and their promises but the administrators of this site my end up banning both of us. :lol: :lol:

Dave

Janak Parekh
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Canookian politics *sigh* :roll:
Actually, from what I read, it does seem like Canadian east/west is just as genial as our red state/blue state politics... :P

And Dave... yes, if Jason banned himself from here it'd be a bad thing. ;)

--janak

Richard76
04-17-2006, 08:22 PM
I just checked out HoFo again and it appears that they have been able to rectify whatever the problem was. Back in business!