View Full Version : Amazing support: Pocket Antiquarium

RobrechtV
04-16-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm just posting this because positive experiences need mentioning too. :wink:

A while ago, I purchased Pocket Antiquarium (http://antiquarium.eremus.org/?pocket=1&id=1) from Quadrivium Software. It's a reader for the TLG (Thesaurus Linguae Gracae) database, an incredibly huge collection of ancient Greek texts targetted at scholars in classical studies. For only 19$, Pocket Antiquarium did its job perfectly and I was ravished to be able to carry the entire TLG in my pocket.

It was a pity, though, that it didn't have a copy function. I'd been beta-testing the new TextMaker 2006, which has unicode support, for the past few months and thought it would be great to be able to copy citations straight from Pocket Antiquarium into a TextMaker document. So I decided to e-mail the developers and ask if this feature could be integrated into a future version.

The next evening, I got a reply.

I thought this was pretty quick -- a lot of developers are much slower in their customer support. But the real surprise came when I read the reply. 8O Guess what: they'd done it!! Overnight! The message contained a link to a new version of the program; Pocket Antiquarium now has a copy function!! Their home page was updated shortly after, so it's there now as well.

I guess the market for this kind of software isn't that large, but I just wanted to share this experience because it's such a fine example of customer support -- wouldn't it be great if all developers were like this? One person asks for a new feature and the next day, it's there!

Anyway, if you own the TLG cd, a pocket pc and a large storage card, you should really give Pocket Antiquarium a try.