View Full Version : Using bluetooth to transfer files to another bluetooth device

Relax Mon,Jamaica MeCrazy
04-16-2006, 08:00 PM
I know there is a program that will enable you to transfer files between 2 bluetooth devices, using bluetooth. But i dont know which one it is. i have a pocket pc with windows 5.0. I appreciate the help.

Edgar_
04-16-2006, 10:26 PM
The Obex software that comes with the device allows file explorer between devices, I believe.

Relax Mon,Jamaica MeCrazy
04-16-2006, 10:49 PM
im not sure i know what your talking about but im sure i cant transfer files via bluetooth without third party software. unless im wrong.

Nurhisham Hussein
04-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Obex is a bluetooth profile that handles file transfers between devices - every implementation of bluetooth should have it as standard. And it is not third party software. Your problem may be that you are using the MS bluetooth stack which is standard in WM5, and it is known to be a little difficult to figure out. Nevertheless you should be able to transfer files through bluetooth without any extra software.

ironguy
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
I regularly transfer fils between my Razr phone and my iPaq 2215 via bluetooth. Once you pair the two bluetooth devices, basically you just 'beam' them oacross. On my PPC, it's a tap 'n hold operation to 'send via bluetooth'. On the phone, it's a menu item.