View Full Version : Connecting Ipaq to BT Laptop

shawnc
04-16-2006, 05:26 PM
This is one of those "nice to have" rather than "necessaryg" functions. Since I recently purchased a BT equipped laptop I figured I'd try to use this 21st century technology and ditch my sync cable. When I first opened BT on my Dell Latitude, it took me through the process of installing BT "stacks??". This process seemed to be sucessful and my laptop and Ipaq seem to connect via BT. However, when I try to sync, there doesn't seem to be a connection with activesync. I'm sure this is a pretty simply problem since the devices seem to be connected, but can anyone take me the final few yards to get this sync to work? I wish I could provide more specific info on what the problem is but this is new territory for me and I'm simply not sure of what could be causing the problem.

Also, does using BT intefere with a wireless network? It seems as though for the last few minutes I've been losing my wireless connection and have had to go through the wireless repair process to get my laptop to reconnect. Could just be a coincidence but if the BT is impacting my 802.11G connection, its simply not worth it. Just curious.

Thanx in advance for any help/suggestions.

Jolt
04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Open up bluetooth manager on ppc. Press new...now press activesync via bluetooth. If you have a connection it should work right away. Also there should not be any interference with wireless network. I have the same setup you are trying to get.

Edgar_
04-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Well there is a couple thinks on the PC to do as well - including in Activesync ansd making sure your comport is low enough.

Here's a writeup

http://www.bluetoothnews.com/features/ActiveSync.htm

It may not exactly match your screenshots but should give you enough direction to get it done.

-Edgar

shawnc
04-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Guys,

Neither of these worked exactly, but both gave enough info that allowed even a technologically challenged person such as myself to get it to work. Thanx alot, couldn't have done it without either of you.