View Full Version : Getting the N560 and full accesories list

ubik
04-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Hello everyone,

Right now i'm madly searching for online shops that have the English N560 in stock, and will ship to my country (Romania). I have decided to get the N560 as soon as it's available, because it has been a long wait for me, too long . This will be my first PDA, and althought it is not perfect, as i would have wanted it (the "supreme" pda with all features), it is the only to have VGA and GPS and powerfull CPU in a small package, so here decision done for me...
The thing is that i'd like to get all the accesories i need too, and all in one shipment, as shipment will be something like 30euros, so i need to plan my purchase well. I was hoping that maybe you could give me a hand in choosing the list of accesories, as i didn't have a PDA before, and i'm just guessing what i need...
So here's my list :

- Leather clip, i think this is a must; i've seen the Piel Frama and looks quite nice; any other one worthy? Is this usable day to day? I mean isn't removing the top whenever you want to do something annoying? And also when using it, can u just bend the leather behind it, and not have it hanging around?

- Car holder & car charger - got no clue here, i just want one that can also hold it horizontaly so that i can use GPS in landscape mode, and maybe something like audio amplification would sound nice, but i don't think that i can link it to my car audio, so that's kind of difficult...

- Screen protectors - i will certainly use my fingers some time, need to take care of the screen - again, no clue here what to take; hope they don't ruin the picture quality as they do on mobile phones

- MP3 kit - if no A2DP, at least this, although far from ideal... no radio, you're bound to wires, etc. I would prefer some headset that is A2DP and can connect to two devices (my pda and phone) and maybe have the radio on the phone, but i'm dreaming again

- 4GB SD -

Anything else? :-) Budget is something like 650euros, and i'm hoping to spend them as wisely as possible.

Hope i'll get it fast and share pics and my experience with everyone

Waiting is almost done now...

Lodis
04-15-2006, 02:38 AM
I strongly advise you purchase a Pocket Loox 720 with a seperate Bluetooth GPS device. The Pocket Loox 720 is manufactured by the same company but is much better than the N560 even though that is it's sucessor. Another Pocket PC worth looking at is the Dell Axim X51V which I currently own (both). I understand the advantages of built in GPS but when you have a small bluetooth GPS you can always upgrade it or you can purchase a CF GPS. Either way the Pocket Loox is a much better purchase than the N560 because it is both more powerful and has more memory. Perfect for a first PDA device.

ubik
04-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Thank you for your advice Lodis, i had a very hard time deciding between those three. But the lack of WM5 in the Loox and the design of the Dell made me turn in favour of the N560. Also, because of my current job, i always have to carry 3 phones with me all the time, so getting a separate GPS, yet one more device to remember to charge and carry would just drive me crazy :)

Lodis
04-15-2006, 05:45 PM
What are your concerns regarding the design of the Axim X51V? I assume you are referring to the lack of built in GPS?

I understand how many devices you already carry but I still think having built in GPS is not very future proof. I heard of changes to standards with regards to how GPS's may work in the future that would require hardware upgrades so I always consider a seperate GPS as a better solution but that is just my opinion. My external Bluetooth GPS is tiny, about 5CM long and the battery lasts for about 6 hours. If you really do need built in GPS then the N560 does sound like the right choice, still I am not sure about the lack of CF slots because these can be very useful when combined with SD. IF you purchased an Axim X51V or a Loox 720 you could always use a CF type II GPS then you would not have to carry anything extra around because you could simply leave this inside of the CF slot.

ubik
04-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, this is just a matter of choice i guess... Each has it's strengths:

Axim - VGA out, Intel 2700G, 256MB ROM, 3.7in screen, CF, price
N560 - USB host, GPS, smaller, prettier, 802.11g

So it's just what attracts you more....

ioschi2003
04-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi ubik,
a complete list of accessories for PL N560 is available here:

http://www.webalice.it/rob.mar/Pocket%20accessori%20Page.htm
http://www.webalice.it/rob.mar/Pocket%20Page.htm
http://www.webalice.it/rob.mar/Auto%20Kit%20Page.htm

bye Ioschi2003

Searcher22
04-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Hi All

Out of interest I clicked on the first of those links and I got 23 detections by my Kaspersky AV for Trojan Win32 diamin.v and dilaler.la also some rather obscure .exe that it could not delete but 'backed them up' to isolate them. All were found in the Temporary Internet files folder.

I have since rescanned the temp internet folders and checked the system with Spybot and AdAware ~ all appears clean!

:(